Saturday, July 18, 2015

Day 3: Preserving the memory of the past, Protecting our future



Date: July 16th, 2015
By: Tamara Weiss


Back in Toronto, as I was reading the itinerary for today, I was very excited as I've been learning about Mount Hertzel since I was young. Seeing the graves of various critical Israeli political figures and soldiers was very emotional. After visiting Mount Hertzel, we arrived at Yad Vashem. This past year I went on the March of the Living, which, in contrast to previous visits, allowed to have a greater understanding of the museum. After our tour, we arrived at Machane Yehuda which was amazing! The food was great, I stocked up on different fruits, and loved being apart of the busy streets. 



Once we got back, we prepared to go to the Western Wall (The Kotel) to welcome the Shabbat. As we arrived it was beautiful to see so many people gathered to celebrate such an important part of our lives as Jews. We later went to dinner and were surprised to see kids from Diller who are from different parts of the world! It was so cool to speak to kids from South Africa, Montreal, San Francisco, and Pittsburgh all gathered together in Israel. Tomorrow is the start of the North America & South Africa conference, and it's great to have already met some kids!

We had an amazing day, and I'm super exited for tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment