Sunday, July 27, 2014

Day 3: Shabbat with Families

July 26,2014
By: Jacqueline Winitsky

After spending my two first days in Israel, I still can't find the right words to describe how I feel about the scenery here. I have never been in a country where every direction you look you'll find something fascinating. The mountains in and around the dessert are one of the most amazing things I've ever seen!

Today was Shabbat, and I spent it in a very unique way with the three new sisters I am staying with. We walked to the beach after waking up (everything is SO nearby) and met up with a few of the other fellows. We were there until sundown! Seeing Jordan just across the water was also so cool for me. The weather was perfect, and not too hot! At night we all went to a Diller party hosted at a fellow's house. We were assigned different costumes to arrive in like soldiers, Tel Aviv hipsters, and kibbutzniks. They were used for activities throughout the night. The party also included night-time swimming!

Overall, today couldn't have been better. I am so happy with how our trip is going so far! I'm also beginning to learn Hebrew, which is sababa (cool). I can't wait to spend the next week and half in this beautiful country!

















No comments:

Post a Comment